MONTCLAIR, NJ - To celebrate Amanti Vino's 10th anniversary, proprietor Sharon Sevrens has partnered with the Montclair Art Museum
(MAM) to create a Sunday afternoon of fun that the whole family can enjoy.
Amanti Vino's 10th Anniversary Birthday Bash has it all: wine, food, art, crafts, dogs, cake and good causes!
The party will feature the first tasting of Cuvée Rufus, Amanti Vino's first-ever private-label wine, named for store mascot, Rufus, a gentle Labrador (right).
This spring, Amanti Vino and MAM held a contest for the design of the wine labels, which generated more than 100 submissions from kids and adults. The 8 winners will have their designs on the bottles; all will be featured in a special installation in MAM's Children's Arcade and in a book created by Amanti Vino. Enjoy hands-on art workshops for children (think cork art and dog origami); and MAM's galleries will be open to all attendees.
"We've had such an amazing decade in business, I wanted to do something special to commemorate the occasion," says Sharon. "Rufus has been an important symbol of the shop, so it was natural that we immortalize him on our first release!"
A percentage of proceeds from sales of Cuvée Rufus,
Birthday Bash tickets and the Wine Label book will be donated to Intensive Therapeutics
and to help support exhibitions & education programs at MAM.
WHEN: Sunday, October 11, 2.00 - 5.00 pm
WHERE: Montclair Art Museum, 3 South Mountain Ave., Montclair, NJ
WHAT'S IN STORE:
- Unique opportunity to enjoy the release of Amanti Vino's first ever private-label wines, Cuvée Rufus
- Exclusive access to the Cuvée Rufus Wine Label Design Contest Entry Exhibition, with more than 100 submissions from around the country
- Kids' hands-on art workshops led by artist Dan Fenelon and Taro's Origami Studio
- Full admission to MAM's exhibitions, including Eric Carle: Animals and Friends
- Tasty nibbles from Ani Ramen, MishMish and Villalobos as well as a custom Rufus Birthday Cake from Kimmy's Kakes
- Live music by KIWI, the tri-state area's premier Roots-Reggae music band
- Special-edition 10th anniversary Amanti Vino pens
Family Tickets (2 adults and up to 2 kids):
MAM Member Family - $25 per family
Non-Member Family - $35 per family
Adult Tickets (Ages 15+) :
MAM Members - $10 per person
Non-Members - $15 per person
Children Tickets (Ages 2-14):
$5 per child (under 2, free)
Wine Label Winners Age 9 -12 category: "Chair Pour" by Mareau Hall, Montclair (l) and "Rufus Pulling His Weight" by Lucy Mann, Upper Montclair
About Amanti Vino
Amanti Vino is a sleekly designed wine, beer and specialty spirits shop located in downtown Montclair, NJ specializing in small production wines, beers and spirits from around the world at all price points. It also features a 30-person classroom for private events and wine education classes. Proprietor Sharon Sevrens is a former Wall Street exec-turned-sommelier. Amanti Vino is the only Approved Provider in New Jersey for the prestigious UK-based Wine and Spirits Education Trust (WSET) classes.