SPOTSWOOD, NJ - The calendar says fall and October is only days away. Many area farms are already welcoming folks for some annual fall fun. Apple-picking is on going and with October arriving on Thursday, it's time for pumpkins.
Here are some great local farms to choose from for hayrides, corn mazes, pumpkins and more!
- Giramarse Farms and Orchards on Fresh Ponds Road in East Brunswick. Giaramarse has apple-picking, a large pumpkin patch, hayrides and a corn maze. Open weekends.
- Terhune Orchards in Princeton is chocked full of fall fun and activities. It's open every weekend through November 1.
- VonThun Farms in Dayton holds Harvest Festival Weekends all through October. There is a whole host of activites including a Jax-inspired corn maze and a pumpkin blaster. Jax is an East Brunswick native that made a major run on the final season of American Idol. Yes, there's pumpkins too.
- Habiak Farms on Deans Hall Road in South Brunswick is open on weekends for picking pumpkins.
- Cheesequake Farms in Old Bridge has pumpkin picking and a hayride along with other fall-inspired activities and goodies.
- There will also be pumpkin decorating at the upcoming Milltown Day festivities at Boro Park on October 3. The community event will take place from 9 a.m. until 4 p.m. Pumpkins will be available at the activity while supplies last. Participants are also welcome to bring their own to decorate.