WARREN, NJ - Almond Joy Cookies take just four ingredients and don't even require a mixer. No beating, no chilling, just mix them up and throw them in the oven. Drop cookies are easy to make and are kid friendly too.
Preheat your oven to 325 degrees
1 14 oz bag sweetened coconut flakes
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
⅔ cup chopped lightly salted almonds
1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
Yields 3 dozen cookies
- Preheat the oven to 325F.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine coconut, chocolate chips, almonds, and sweetened condensed milk.
- Stir until combined.
- Scoop out dough with a cookie scoop onto prepared baking sheet.
- Moisten the tips of your fingers with water and shape into discs. Pat the tops flat. Or leave as is.....the way they go in is the way they come out!
- Bake cookies for 12 to 14 minutes or until tips of coconut are just starting to turn golden brown.
- Let cool on baking sheet.
- Store cookies in an airtight container.
-from Melissa Schafhauser
TAPinto will feature holiday baking stories and recipes regularly throughout the month. Check back often for timeless classics and fresh new ideas. Happy baking!