ESSEX COUNTY, NJ - Essex County is sponsoring a prescription Drug Take Back Day on Saturday, April 30.
Although Montclair Police Department has a year-round permanent drop-off location located at 647 Bloomfield Avenue in Montclair, Essex County has also opened several temporary collection locations open only on Saturday, April 30th are as follows:
· Cedar Grove Police Department, 525 Pompton Avenue, Cedar Grove
· Essex Fells Police Department, 255 Roseland Avenue, Essex Fells
· Glen Ridge Police Department, 3 Herman Street, Glen Ridge
· Nutley Police Department, 228 Chestnut Street, Nutley
· Orange Police Department, 29 Park Street, Orange
· Verona Police Department, 600 Bloomfield Avenue, Verona
· West Orange Police Department, 60 Main Street, West Orange
“Ridding your homes of unused prescription medication and dangerous drugs is a simple and important safety measure we can all take. Using the collections sites ensures your unwanted pills are not used improperly and will be destroyed in an environmentally friendly manner. We encourage the public to join us on Drug Take Back Day,” said Essex County Executive Joseph N. DiVincenzo, Jr.
The permanent collection locations open year-round are as follows:
· Belleville Police Department, 152 Washington Avenue, Belleville
· Caldwell Police Department, 1 Provost Square, Caldwell
· East Orange Police Department, 15 South Munn Avenue, East Orange
· Fairfield Police Department, 230 Fairfield Road, Fairfield
· Irvington Police Department, 1 Civic Square, Irvington
· Livingston Police Department, 333 South Livingston Avenue, Livingston
· Montclair Police Department, 647 Bloomfield Avenue, Montclair
· Newark Police Department, 480 Clinton Avenue, Newark
· North Caldwell Police Department, 136 Gould Avenue, North Caldwell
· Millburn Police Department, 435 Essex Street, Millburn
Residents are encouraged to bring their Unused Prescription and Over the Counter Drugs to any of the collection sites on Saturday, April 30th.
Residents should scratch off any identifying information from labels, such as name, address, phone # and doctor’s name.
Disposal is FREE, EASY and ANONYMOUS.
For information, please call 973-323-3907.