MONTCLAIR, NJ - HackensackUMC Mountainside will pay tribute to its 430 volunteers in a recognition ceremony set to take place on Wednesday, April 22 for 12noon to 2pm in the Bayberry room located at 1 Bay Avenue.
The hospital volunteers being acknowledged have performed a total of 50,780 hours of service in 2014 representing nearly $1,160,831 in donated labor for HackensackUMC Mountainside. During the Volunteer Awards Ceremony, those celebrating milestone years will also be recognized for 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 35 and 45 year anniversaries.
Certificates of gratitude and pins will also be presented to the following volunteers:
· Sylvia Caldwell of Glen Ridge, Information Desk volunteer – 45 years. Sylvia has volunteered in the Maternity department and the Medical Staff office. Today, Sylvia can be seen at the Information desk where she greets patients and visitors.
· Joe Catalano of Bloomfield, Pastoral Care volunteer – 15 years. Joe plays a significant role as Eucharistic Minister for inpatients and acting as an advocate, making hospital staff aware of any concerns.
· Lawrence Kenney of Bloomfield, Pastoral Care volunteer – 15 Years. Larry has an important assignment for Pastoral Care as Eucharistic Minister, bringing communion to the patients in the Transitional Care Unit.
· Pearl DiGeronimo of Montclair, Volunteer Office & Information Desk volunteer – 15 years. At 95 years young, Pearl’s responsibilities include computer data entry for the Volunteer Office and assisting at the Information Desk.
· Jeanette Gould of Verona, Transitional Care Unit volunteer – 15 years. Jeanette is a valued representative in the TCU organizing files and hosting an information class.