NEW JERSEY - It's time to get the bonnets ready and pull out the Easter outfits since the bunny arrives this weekend. Sure, it seems a little early with Saint Patrick's Day just last week. However, Easter is only days away. Some schools have been on break already while others start their's next week. Either way, New Jersey always has plenty of Easter fun going on, so get hopping!
Of course, New Jersey is home to the most malls in the fifty states. Yet, for those that may want to see the bunny outside of a food court, they can catch him in Montclair and around the state.
- Montclair's 4th Ward Councilwoman, Dr. Renee Baskerville, Montclair Neighborhood Development Corp. (MNDC) and the 4th Ward Collaborative invite you to join them for their 6th Annual Spring Fling Egg Hunt. This year's celebration includes a BBQ, Dying Eggs and an Egg Hunt, a "Mindful Meditation Experience", Hat decorating and our annual "Hat Parade" , jelly bean contests and more. This celebration will take place on Saturday March 26, 2016 from 11Am-2PM at the Wally Choice Park House in the Glenfied Essex County Park locate on Maple Ave. in Montclair. FREE to the community! All are welcome to join us! For further information please contact email@example.com or call Ms. Spears at 973-744-9094.
- Watchung Plaza Easter Egg Hunt in Montclair. Begins at 11:00 a.m.
- The 24th Annual Bunny Express leaves from the Whippany Railroad Museum on Saturday, March 26 at 1 p.m., 2 p.m., 3 p.m. and 4 p.m. Seats fill up quickly. Their website recommends purchasing tickets online.
- The Black River and Western Railroad in Flemington is running an Easter Bunny Express on Friday, March 25 and Saturday, March 26. Visit their website for train times and to purchase tickets.
- Technically, the New Hope and Ivyland Railroad is in Pennsylvania. However, it is just across the Delaware River from Lambertville, New Jersey. The scenic railroad will be running daily Easter Bunny Express Trains on Friday, March 25, Saturday, March 26 and Sunday, March 27 (Easter). Train ride is 45 minutes long. Kids get to meet the Easter Bunny, snap a picture and get an Easter treat bag.
Want to see the Easter Bunny flying in an airplane? Head to Solberg Airport in Whitehouse Station on Saturday, March 26 and see the bunny land in an actual airplane. Stick around afterwords to shake his paw and pose for pictures before wandering over to the face painting and bounce house. There will also be a hot air balloon launch at 5:30 p.m. Gates open at 1:30 p.m. and the Easter Bunny is scheduled to land at 3 p.m. if he isn't delayed by a carrot break. The event is free, but some activites require a fee.
Ever gone on a bunny chase? No, then check out Terhune Orchards in Princeton on Saturday, March 26 and Sunday, March 27 from 10 a.m. until 4 p.m. for some really hopping fun. Children ages two through eight can participate in a treasure hunt around the beautiful orchards to discover a surprise at the end. Could it be a bunny? Perhaps, but if not, kids can make their own bunny craft regardless. There's plenty of other activities happening too, including wagon and pony rides and delicous foods. Something going on for children of all ages here and adults as well.
Feeling wild this Easter weekend? Morey's Pier in Wildwood will be holding their Annual Easter Celebration on Saturday, March 26 from noon until 6 p.m. The event is free and includes an egg hunt in addition to the opportunity to win all kind of prizes including tickets to their water and amusement park. Meet the Easter Bunny too.
Don't let the weekend hop by!