Mother’s Day is this Sunday. The following restaurants have space available for either brunch or dinner service. Please note that availability is very limited, so call to make reservations knowing that what is available may be very early or very late.
- Halcyon Brasserie, next door to Egan and Sons at 114 Walnut Street is serving brunch from 12 pm to 4pm. (973) 744-4450
- Laurel and Sage, 33 Walnut St (in the former Culinariane space) is serving brunch 10:30 am to 3:00 pm : (973) 783-1133
- Laboratorio at 615 Bloomfield Ave (in the space formerly occupied by Indigo Kitchen) is serving an early Mother’s Day supper starting at 3pm and continuing to 9pm (973) 746-6100
- Escape Montclair, 345 Bloomfield Ave (about halfway between Lackawanna Plaza and the old Elevation Burger) is serving a a prix fixe 3 course Mother’s Day brunch from 11:30 to 3:00, with Sunday Supper being served 4:00 – 8:00. (973) 744-0712
- Uptown 596, at 596 Valley Road in Upper Montclair is serving brunch and dinner (973) 744-0915
- Greek Taverna, 292 Bloomfield Avenue is taking reservations for Mother’s Day. (973) 746-2280
- Vital Dining, 387 Bloomfield Ave in Montclair Center is also taking reservations for Mother’s Day. (973) 655-9500
- Samba Brazilian Cuisine at 7 Park Street has some time slots available for Sunday. (973) 744-6764
- The “Winter Farmers’ Market” takes place at the Walnut St Train Station from 8am to 1pm on Saturday. Many of the vendors have spring plants that would make a great container planting or herb garden for Mom.
John Lee is a food blogger with the site Black Tie and Flip Flops.