Montclair, NJ- The Montclair Community Farms (MCF) mobile farm stand embarks on its third season of selling produce at affordable prices to Montclair seniors and residents. MCF operates two primary microfarm sites – one behind the HomeCorp building on Miller Street and the other on the property of the Montclair History Center on Orange Road. This year the mobile farm stand will serve the following locations: The mobile stand runs June through October at the dates and locations below:
• Episcopal Church of the Holy Spirit Food Pantry: Saturdays, June 23, July 28, August 25, September 22 & October 27 at 9:00 am. 36 Gould Street, Verona
• HOMECorp Pop Up Stand: Saturdays, June 23, July 28, August 25, September 22 & October 27 at 12 PM.Corner of Woodland Avenue & Maple Avenue, Montclair
• Pine Ridge: July 6 through October 27. Every Friday at 12:30 pm. 60 Glenridge Avenue, Montclair
• First Montclair House: July 6 through October 27. Every Friday at 1:30 pm. 56 Walnut Street, Montclair
• The Senior Center at Edgemont Memorial Park: Fridays, July 6, August 3, September 7, & October 5at 3 PM. Valley Road at Edgemont Memorial Park, Montclair
MCF is generously funded through Partners for Health Foundation. MCF works in partnership with Market Taverne of Morristown, Vital Dining of Montclair, and Montclair Food Co-op & CSA. The Montclair Community Farms serve as hands-on resources that engage and educate the community and youth farmers in urban farming, sustainable agriculture, affordable food access, and healthy food and lifestyle choices. The Montclair Community Farms Coalition is a collaborative network of organizations committed to furthering the mission of the Montclair Community Farms: HOMECorp, Montclair Department of Health and Human Services, Montclair History Center, Montclair State University, Rutgers Cooperative Extension of Essex County: Essex 4-H and Master Gardeners, and Montclair DIGS.