MONTCLAIR, NJ - Montclair Firefighters responded to a fire that started in the wall of a home located at 101 Wildwood Avenue around 1:25 PM on Monday.

Fire officials found an electrical box burning inside of dining room wall, stated Deputy Fire Chief Robert Duncan. 

The power was turned off and the fire was extinguished quickly. 

Sign Up for E-News

Duncan said, "There was a small amount of fire extension inside the wall.  The wall was opened up further to make sure all fire was extinguished."

He continued, "As per Fire Official Thomas, the cause was an accidental electrical malfunction of a duplex outlet in the dining room." 

No injuries were reported. All was clear by 2:12 PM, Duncan noted.