School of Rock Montclair to Trade Free T-Shirts for Food Donations and Show Programs
School of Rock Montclair will be accepting donations of full grocery bags of non-perishable items at their 125 Valley Road location from Friday, 1/20 through Monday, 1/30. In exchange for the donations and a program from one of the School’s free January concerts, the School will present the donor with a SoR Montclair t-shirt.
“Even though the holiday season is over, it’s a perfect time to keep spreading generosity with those in our community who are unfortunately still in need,” says School of Rock Montclair General Manager Kevin March. “To show our appreciation for those who wish to donate groceries and attend our upcoming shows, we’re thrilled to offer any design from our line of awesome School of Rock t-shirts.”
One free SoR t-shirt will be traded for each full bag of donated groceries (low fat, low sodium food and/or other items) and an accompanying show program. The donations will be presented by the School to the Human Needs Food Pantry in Montclair.
Donors of groceries can get show programs at all of the below free concerts, which will be performed through late January:
• “WOODSTOCK ‘69 AND ‘94” - featuring performances by members of the School’s adult program of hits by Jimi Hendrix, Santana, Sly & The Family Stone, The Band, The Who, Collective Soul, Blues Traveler, Cypress Hill, Green Day, Sheryl Crow, and many more
• “TRIBUTE TO STEELY DAN” - featuring student performances of the duo’s greatest jazzy, soulful, and rocking songs
• “WOMEN WHO ROCK” - featuring student performances of hits by No Doubt, Madonna, St. Vincent, Blondie, Heart, and many more
• “TRIBUTE TO DAVID BOWIE” - featuring student performances of hits from Bowie’s massive and diverse catalog, including “Space Oddity”, “Changes”, “Let’s Dance,” “Fame”, and many more
• “GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN 2016” - featuring student performances of timeless songs by important artists who we lost last year, including Prince, David Bowie, Glenn Frey (The Eagles), Maurice White (Earth, Wind & Fire), George Martin (The Beatles), and more
Sunday, 1/29 @ Crossroads
• “TRIBUTE TO STEELY DAN”
Donations of grocery items and programs from the School’s January shows will be traded for t-shirts from 1/20 through 1/30 at School of Rock Montclair’s location at 125 Valley Road. For more information, contact Kevin March at (973) 337-5296 or firstname.lastname@example.org.