VERONA, NJ - Verona High School’s Spotlight Players, in conjunction with the Spotlight Players Parents Association, will present an evening of student produced, performed and directed one act comedies April 29 at 7:30 p.m. in the VHS auditorium. The plays will be judged by a panel of theater professionals. There will be prizes for the winning play and the top two one acts will be performed at the VHS Creative Arts Festival on May 18th. The One Act Festival this year will feature six one act comedies:
- “How to Succeed in High School without Really Trying” by Jonathan Rand directed by Alana Murphy and Mia Corbett
- “Jimmy the Anti-Christ” by Keith J. Powell directed by Anna Shea and Katie Fernandez
- “A Murdered Mystery” by Karl Garner directed by Rachelle Smith
- “How to Kiss a Girl” by Wade Bradford directed by Arianne Valderrama and Star Kent-Finnegan
- “Meet the Roommates” by Jonathan Rand directed by Miranda Williams and Ryan Vail
- “The Mercury and the Magic” by Rolin Jones, directed by Owen Yarmo-Gray and Colin Vega
The casts will include the following students: Joe Anello, Anna Shea, Arianne Valderrama, Owen Yarmo-Gray, Colin Vega, Rayna Newkirk, Katie Fernandez, Matt Masucci, Nick Kast, Dan Messineo, Anthony Giuliano, Rachael Weir, Rachelle Smith, Ava Vasalani, Anna Serra, Lauren Zanders, Dylan Gallagher, Star Kent-Finnegan, Liz Barile, Grace Gault, Matt Gasin, Jonathan Mottola, Giulia Licitra, Abby Pope, David Karpinski, Jon Love, Phillip Beben, and Amy Renzulli. The faculty advisor for the One Act Festival is Mrs. Fran Young and the president of the SPPA is Mrs. Melody Williams. Tickets for the festival are $5.00 and will be sold at the door. All proceeds from the ticket sales will benefit the SPPA Scholarship Fund.