WEST ORANGE, NJ — In celebration of its 10-year anniversary with a newly renovated store and a variety of promotions, Whole Foods Market West Orange invited local shoppers to participate in store-wide tastings, kids sushi-rolling class, giveaways and a cooking demo from Mario Russo, chef de cuisine of The Manor restaurant in West Orange, on Tuesday.
Festivities kick off at 8 a.m. with the first 100 customers receiving a free tote bag for all of their shopping needs. All shoppers are welcome to experience the store’s refreshed look and updates while joining in on the schedule of events listed below:
- 9 a.m. to 10 a.m. — Free small Allegro coffee from the coffee bar.
- 10 a.m. — Presentation of check to the most recent 5-percent Day recipient from West Orange Scholarship Fund.
- 12 p.m. — Afternoon sweet treat and grand reopening with a ceremonious cake cutting. Event to repeat at 6 p.m.
- 12 p.m. to 4 p.m. — Chef Mario Russo of The Manor will be dishes out a fall-flair recipe using two sale items: NY Strip Steak and Chilean Sea Bass.
- 4 p.m. — Free kids sushi rolling class.
- 6 p.m. — Live jazz with Bossa Nova Productions and $500 gift-card drawing to the winning shopper’s favorite West Orange charity.