WAYNE, NJ – Wednesday night was the VIP sneak peek of the new Cinemark Theatres at Willowbrook before its official opening on November 21.
On hand were Wayne Mayor Chris Vergano, Jamie Dykes from the Tri-County Chamber of Commerce and Nancy Barbary the Senior General Manager of Willowbrook/Brookfield Properties. The three local leaders spoke briefly stating their pleasure at welcoming Cinemark to Wayne and Willowbrook, then participated in a “ticket tearing” ceremony, Cinemark’s version of a ribbon cutting.
“The last time I was here,” quipped Vergano during his brief talk, “I was getting my tires replaced.” He was referring to the fact that the new Cinemark Theatres now occupy the old Sears automotive space.
Barbary was excited to have Cinemark join the growing list of businesses surrounding the Willowbrook Mall. “Our goal is to make the Willowbrook Mall a local dining and entertainment destination. Adding Cinemark Theatres with its modern movie-going experience to our growing list of businesses is a huge win for us and we’re so excited to have them here.”
“Our new theatre offers a top-of-the-line, modernized entertainment destination for the Wayne community,” said Mark Zoradi, Cinemark CEO. “We are excited to deliver guests an immersive movie-going experience with optimum sight and sound technology, premium amenities, and enhanced food and beverage offerings.”
A few hundred invited guests were on hand, excited to be the first to watch movies in the new modern theatres. TAPinto Wayne sat in the new XD Theatre to experience The Joker on a floor-to-ceiling, wall-to-wall screen, with speakers lining the walls and in the ceiling. The sound was felt during the movie, and the luxury, heated recliners gave each viewer plenty of elbow room and leg room.
“This is where you want to watch Star Wars,” said Jennifer Wood, the marketing manager for Cinemark as she showed off the huge XD theatre.
Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker, Frozen 2 and Jumanji: The Next Level are three blockbuster movies slated to play at Cinemark during the upcoming holiday season.
“As a part of Cinemark’s efforts to continue to meet the evolving demands of the movie going experience, guests will also experience cutting-edge technology and customer-preferred amenities,” said Wood, referring to:
- Twelve ultra-modern auditoriums with wall-to-wall screens and enhanced sound systems;
- Cinemark Luxury Loungers – electric-powered, plush, oversize recliners with footrests, swivel trays, cup holders and heat-controlled seats;
- A Cinemark XD auditorium – the No. 1 exhibitor Premium Large Format (PLF) in the world, featuring premium sight and sound technology to further immerse audiences in the on-screen action;
- 4K digital projection powered by Barco projectors and RealD 3D capability in several auditoriums;
- Reserved seating with online, kiosk and mobile app ticketing capabilities;
- A concession stand offering a variety of food and beverage options, including freshly popped popcorn, fountain drinks, Pizza Hut pizza, Hershey's Chocolate Chip Cookies, Edy’s Ice Cream and an added selection of hot foods including burgers, chicken tenders, mozzarella sticks, fried pickles, quesadillas and more;
- Special discount pricing for Senior Mondays, Discount Tuesdays, Students, Active Military and;
- A party room available to rent for birthday parties and additional celebrations.
Cinemark is the latest in a long list of new businesses that are attracted to Wayne by the business-friendly administration in the township, the growing population and growing average household income in Wayne. The Willowbrook Mall is becoming one of the largest mall complexes in the state which builds its own momentum.