MONTCLAIR, NJ - Fruit and vegetable distribution will take place at the Montclair YMCA through July and August, officials announced.
Seashore Fruit and Produce has teamed up with the Montclair YMCA to continue the distribution of fruits and vegetables through July and August. There is no sign-up and one box per household will be provided on a first-come, first-served basis.
Starting on Friday, July 10- from 9am-11am (or until they run out) and every Friday for July and August, thereafter.
Distribution will take place at the Park Street Branch of the YMCA of Montclair. Attendees are requested to approach via the North Fullerton entrance of the Fullerton Garage at 14 N. Fullerton Ave. (near the First United Methodist Church of Montclair).
INSTRUCTIONS are as follows:
- Cars should enter the Fullerton parking deck from the North Fullerton Street entrance. Prior to 9:00 AM we ask cars line up on N. Fullerton facing Bloomfield.
- Cars should line up on the right-hand side of the garage.
- A YMCA staff member will greet each car at the garage entrance and record the family’s last name, hometown, and household number.
- Please do not get out of your car.
- As you approach the tables set up at the far side of the garage in front of the YMCA’s lower lobby, pop your trunk and a box will be placed in the trunk by a staff member or volunteer.
- Walk-ups should bring a cart or wagon. The box is heavy.
If you have any questions, please contact Ann-Margaret Gutierrez at AGutierrez@montclairymca.org.