MONTCLAIR, NJ - A 66-year-old female from Montclair tested positive for novel coronavirus (COVID-19) on Thursday, according to Montclair Health Department Officials.
She is currently being treated at Hackensack Meridian Health - Mountainside hospital.
The Health Department is following the New Jersey Department of Health (NJDOH) protocols and guidelines and is in the process working on contact tracing.
The Montclair Health Department understands the public’s concerns about COVID-19 and is working closely with the NJDOH and the CDC to monitor and respond to the situation. No further information is available at this time.
The Health Department reminds the public to practice proper hygiene:
- Wash your hands with soap and water for 20 seconds, especially after you cough or sneeze
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth
- Cover your nose and mouth when you cough or sneeze, and remember to throw the tissue into the trash
- Avoid close contact with sick people
- Stay home if you are sick
Symptoms to monitor include fever, cough, and shortness of breath. If you experience any symptoms, please contact your medical care provider. This information may change with further notices from the NJDOH.