MONTCLAIR, NJ - A Montclair High School varsity girls' basketball game was evacuated on Tuesday after a fire was discovered in the bathroom around 8PM.

According to a letter sent to parents by principal Anthony Grosso, a small fire had been set in the boys' bathroom near the lobby of the gym. When the fire was discovered by a Montclair Police Officer who was covering the event, the game/building was evacuated and first responders notified.

Montclair Police and Montclair Fire Department responded and quickly extinguished the fire. Officials noted damage to a soap dispenser.

Sign Up for Montclair Newsletter
Our newsletter delivers the local news that you can trust.

The police are currently investigating the incident. Grosso wrote, "The Montclair Police Department and the Montclair Fire Department are working together to identify a person of interest."

There were no reported injuries.