MONTVILLE, NJ - Montville Volunteer Fire Department responded to Montville Township High School on June 12 when a plumbing repair tripped the fire alarm, according to Principal Douglas Sanford.

The fire alarm sounded at approximately 1:25 p.m. and the building was evacuated, Sanford told TAPinto Montville. The alarm was related to a plumbing repair being performed in the hallway outside of room 301; the repair had failed and leaking water triggered a fire sensor, he said. Maintenance personnel were on-site to address the leak. Members of the fire department double checked the building before allowing staff and students to return. MTHS returned to normal operations at approximately 1:40, according to Sanford.

Visit and read your exclusive Montville news at TAPinto Montville​ 24/7 for FREE: TAPinto​Montville​.net 

Sign Up for E-News

Sign up to receive FREE TAPinto news in your email inbox: www.tapinto.net/enews

Follow TAPinto on Twitter: @MontvilleTAP 

Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MontvilleTAP/

​​Download the FREE TAPinto App!  Click here for Android - Click here for iOS to get news as it is happening.