MONTVILLE, NJ - Morris County expects to move ahead next month with a major intersection improvement at Changebridge Road and Route 202 in Montville, designed to improve safety and ease the traffic flow.
The Morris County Freeholders have awarded a $1.2 million contract to Concrete Construction Corp. of Hackensack for the project, which should start next month with utility relocation work.
The work is expected to take 6 months to complete from the start date.
“This project should help reduce aggravating backups and delays that occur every day on Route 202 from the Route 287 ramp that leads to Changebridge Road,’’ said Freeholder Dave Scapicchio, who is the county governing board’s liaison to public works and roads issues.
“I know residents and officials of Montville, and motorists who have to traverse this intersection, have long sought improvements. This project should make a difference to these folks,’’ he added.
The project will include:
• Widening Route 202 from one lane in each direction to two lanes in each direction between the Route 287 northbound off ramps and Changebridge Road.
• At the intersection of Changebridge Road and Route 202, a dedicated right turn lane from eastbound Route 202 to southbound Changebridge Road will be constructed.
• Changebridge Road northbound at the intersection will be widened to provide two left turn lanes and a dedicated right turn lane.
• The entire Route 202 and Changebridge Road intersection traffic signal system will be replaced.
• Americans with Disabilities Act-required curb ramps will be constructed to allow mobility for physically disabled persons.
For more information on transportation in Morris County, visit: http://www.morrisdot.org/