MONTVILLE, NJ – The Towaco Volunteer Fire Department responded to a garage fire on July 5 at 1:10 a.m. when the owners were awoken by the smoke alarm and called for response, Chief Kenneth Breeman reported.

The volunteers responded to 37 Village Drive, where an electrical short in a 1969 classic Corvette Stingray caused the vehicle to catch fire, Breeman said. The car was parked in the garage.

There was heavy damage to the car and heavy smoke and heat damage to the garage, according to Breeman. There was also moderate smoke damage to the rest of the house and minor smoke damage to neighboring 35 Village Drive.