Job Opening: Mechanic/HandyPerson/Maintenance
Avoid COVID and work outdoors with social distancing away from others. Join a non-profit and have a job you admire with an organization that creates a huge positive impact on how you feel. Restore Native Plants
is a team of dedicated individuals developing ways to re-establish the ecosystem with native plant species and preserve the landscapes and historic structures of Ramapo Mountain Preserve.
Our ideal candidate is self-motivated and capable in: basic mechanics, small engine repair, and building and landscape maintenance.
- Performs assigned day-to-day maintenance and repairs on facility, equipment, and fixtures, and completes a repair log daily.
- Responds quickly, calmly, and efficiently to reactive situations, requesting additional assistance as needed.
- Maintains adequate inventory levels of all supplies, tools, and motorized machinery; and submits supply requests to the Purchasing Manager promptly.
- Reviews assigned work orders: estimates time and materials needed to complete repair, places purchase requests for necessary materials and supplies to complete all tasks.
- Assists with troubleshooting and repairs of buildings and installed systems including plumbing systems, lighting, windows, roofs, drains, electrical, and HVAC and controls.
- Performs invasive species removal, native plants, and other landscape responsibilities.
- Maintain grounds regularly, informing management of any structural or environmental issues.
- Assists with snow removal and plowing.
- Develops and maintains a network of quality contractors and trade specialists.
Scheduling of Maintenance:
- Oversee and manage the maintenance and repair of equipment and buildings when coordinating and hiring outside contractors to make repairs.
- Ability and willingness to alter the schedule as needed to support training, coverage, and respond to emergencies.
Qualifications, Experience, Hours:
- Monday through Friday, with occasional weekends.
Full-Time position with medical, dental, and vision care. Paid time Off.
Valid and clean driving license.
Salary: $28,000.00 to $30,000.00 /year