MONTVILLE, NJ – OneMontville has organized a township-wide food drive during the month of October in recognition of World Food Day on Oct. 16. Nonperishable food items will be gathered at various locations throughout the community from Oct. 5 thru Oct. 31, and forwarded to the Montville Kiwanis Food Pantry.
The following locations will accept the food donations:
- The Kiwanis Food Pantry, 91 Passaic Valley Road, Montville, on Thursdays from 4 to 6 p.m., and on Saturdays from 10 a.m. to noon
- Stonybrook Realty, 630 Main Road, Towaco
- Romola Auto Repair (RAR), 347 Changebridge Road, Pine Brook
- Blue Foundry Bank, 448 Main Road, Towaco
- St. Pius X Ministry House, 24 Changebridge Road, Montville
- Montville United Methodist Church, 29 Whitehall Road, Towaco
- Kearny Bank, 267 Changebridge Road, Pine Brook
- Lincoln 1st Bank, 263 Changebridge Road (Tuscany Village), Montville
OneMontville is a nonprofit community advocacy group founded more than five years ago by Superintendent of Schools René Rovtar. OneMontville promotes a climate of acceptance, respect, and kindness in the diverse Montville Township community. The Montville Kiwanis Food Pantry, in operation for more than 10 years, has remained open during this pandemic, operating under strict Health Dept. guidelines, to help those in need during these uncertain times.
World Food Day was created by the United Nations in 1945, to establish a day of observance to draw attention to the plight of the hungry.
For additional information contact: OneMontvilleCommunications@gmail.com
Sign up to receive FREE TAPinto news in your email inbox: www.tapinto.net/enews
Celebrating something special? Showcase your anniversary, birthday, graduation, and MORE on TAPinto Milestones!