MORRISTOWN, NJ - NJ 11th for Change and seven other organizations will be holding “Fridays For Families” – a vigil in front of Rep. Rodney Frelinghuysen’s Morristown office in opposition to the Trump administration’s draconian policies leading to the separation and indefinite detention of families, including young children, apprehended at the U.S. border.
Fridays for Families will take place outside of U.S. Rep. Rodney Frelinghuysen's Office, 30 Schuyler Place in Morristown
The groups will call on Rep. Frelinghuysen -- who spoke out against the atrocious policy of separating children from parents -- to take a leading role in Congress to ensure humane treatment of migrants at our nation’s borders, including those seeking asylum from dire conditions in their home countries. This would include the immediate reunification of families that have already been separated.
Speakers so far confirmed for June 22 include:
- Mikie Sherrill, Democratic candidate for the 11th District congressional seat
- Saily Avelenda, Executive Director of NJ 11th for Change
- Emily Kullman, First Friends of New York and New Jersey
- Jonathan Lace, Caldwell Town Council member
- Spyros D. Orfanos, New York University, lecturer on psychology, immigration and culture
- A representative of Wind of the Spirit
The event is hosted by NJ 11th for Change, BlueWaveNJ, Make the Road NJ, SOMA Action, New Jersey Working Families Alliance, Wind of the Spirit, Action Together NJ, and Madison Area Call to Action.
Sign up to get all the news as it happens at www.TAPinto.net/enews and follow us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/MorristownTAP/ and on Twitter at @MorristownTAP and on Instagram at @tapintomorristown