ROCKAWAY, NJ - Heroin use in the United States jumped 63% between 2002 and 2013, with increases seen among men and women, most age groups, and all income levels. Morris County law enforcement officials contend that we are in the midst of a heroin and opiate epidemic, with no state hit harder than New Jersey.
On April 26th, local NJ stakeholders will discuss this epidemic overtaking NJ communities and our nation at the 2016 Heroin Summit. Hosted by the Rockaway Township Substance Abuse Alliance (RTSAA), Morris County Prosecutors Office, and Daytop New Jersey, the summit will take place at Christ Church located at 140 Green Pond Road in Rockaway, NJ from 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm. Scheduled panelists include:
- Fred Knapp - Morris County Prosecutor
- Brad Seabury – Chief Assistant Prosecutor
- Dr. Greg McGann - Rockaway Township Superintendent
- Tim Bassett - Former Captain of the World Champion New Jersey Nets
- Charles Bracey - Former inmate of the New Jersey Department of Corrections
- Dr. Gregory Bunt - Daytop New Jersey Medical Director, President International Society of Addiction Medicine
- Jim Curtin - President and CEO of Daytop New Jersey
- Colin O’Brien - Person in Recovery
- Paul Ressler - Parent and Advocate
Admission is free, but registration is required. For registration, leave a message at 973-627-2465 ext. 434 or email email@example.com.