MADISON, NJ - According to a report sent out by the Borough of Madison, "on Sunday, July 24 just before 10a.m. Madison Fire Department units were dispatched to an odor of propane in the area behind Stop & Shop, in Jaeger Lumber’s yard."
"Arriving fire units found a vapor cloud emanating from the propane tank refill shed," they added.
Due to the nature of the incident, Stop & Shop was evacuated by Madison PD and closed until the incident was stabilized.
"Firefighters began to disperse the vapor with hose lines and waited for adequate personnel to arrive on the scene. Fire personnel were able to shut off the propane supply to the refill shed from the main tank and secure the affected area," said the Borough.
Firefighters from Florham Park, Chatham Borough, Chatham Township, Whippany Haz-Mat and Green Village provided assistance with this incident.
Madison EMS along with Chatham EMS and the Rehab Unit from Morris County provided support on the scene.
The incident was stabilized and all units on-site were cleared by 1:00p.m.