A winter storm warning is in effect for this afternoon through Tuesday evening. This storm has the potential of dropping 12-16 inches of snow. We ask all residents to prepare and to please read this important message from JCP&L.
Here’s what you can do to help:
- We appreciate your cooperation in removing all vehicles from the road during snow removal operations and strongly encourage continuing those efforts today and tomorrow.
- Wait until the street has been plowed to the edge of pavement before shoveling the street end of your driveway.
- Have contractors keep the plowed snow on your property wherever possible.
- Clear the snow from around fire hydrants and catch basin inlets.
- Please limit your vehicular travel; emergency and essential trips only.
- Check on your neighbors, especially elderly neighbors who are unable to shovel.
- Children should be cautioned about the dangers of sledding on the street.
- Please shovel sidewalks as soon as possible to ensure pedestrian safety.
Thank you for your assistance in helping your neighbors, the Township, DPW professionals, and all our first responders ensure the safest roadways possible during this winter storm.
Daniel W. Caffrey
The opinions expressed herein are the writer's alone, and do not reflect the opinions of TAPinto.net or anyone who works for TAPinto.net. TAPinto.net is not responsible for the accuracy of any of the information supplied by the writer. Click here to submit a Letter to the Editor.