MORRISTOWN, NJ -- Mon., Feb. 17 is Presidents' Day. The federal holiday marks the birthdays of the United States Presidents George Washington and Abraham Lincoln. Recently, the holiday has come to recognize the contributions of all past presidents not just Washington and Lincoln. Since Presidents' Day is a federal holiday, all federal, state and local government offices are closed, but what else is open and closed on Mon., Feb. 17?
- All U.S. post offices are closed; no mail will be delivered.
- The New York Stock Exchange, NASDAQ and bond markets are closed.
- All Morristown public schools are closed.
- Federal, state and local courts are closed.
- All banks are closed except TD Bank.
Presidents' Day is one of NJ Transit's observed holidays. Check individual bus and train lines before heading out on Monday to see if they are operating on a holiday schedule.
Presidents' Day is a big shopping weekend with lots of sales going on. So, shoppers will still be able to hit the malls and grab something to eat at their favorite eateries on Monday.
Celebrating Something Special? Showcase Your Wedding, Christening, Bar/Bat Mitzvah, Graduation, Reunion and MORE on TAPinto Milestones!