Vegan Pop-up Shop to be Hosted in January
Morristown, NJ — In response to consumer and vendor excitement for October’s New Jersey VegFest, its organizers will be hosting a new event this month: a vegan pop-up shop at the Laundromat Bar in Morristown on January 29th from 12 to 6 pm. Vendors will be selling vegan meals and snacks, and vegan and eco-friendly products and clothing. The event is free, but attendees can get a $5 “Cut the Line” ticket in advance. All ticket sales support the work of the Animal Protection League of New Jersey. This is a 21-and-over event.
Organizers Kendra Arnold and Marisa Sweeney got the idea for the pop-up while planning for New Jersey VegFest 2017. “We started planning for our 2017 event immediately after last year’s inaugural event which was so successful,” said Kendra. “As we met with prospective vendors it became clear how excited everyone was for this year’s event. There is a real sense of community forming. People want to affect change and prompt New Jersey to become a more vegan-friendly state. With all the enthusiasm, we wanted to keep the momentum going and decided to host this pop-up in advance of our October VegFest. We are planning for it to be a monthly event.”
New Jersey VegFest will have a booth and will be selling early bird tickets for its October event at the Meadowlands Expo Center. Vendor and sponsorship applications will be available as well as details on other upcoming vegan-friendly events.
Sullivan Street Press will be at the pop-up with author Vance Lehmkuhl and will be taking suggestions to include in their vegan guide to New Jersey, which will be released at New Jersey VegFest 2017. Live music will be provided by Disseriph and Young Legs.
A partial list of the pop-up vendors (who will also be at New Jersey VegFest 2017) includes:
- Freakin’ Vegan: Flavorful and satisfying vegan food using only simple, natural ingredients.
- Homemade Betty: Vegan and organic skincare.
- Grape Cat Vegan Clothing & Accessories: Fair trade, vegan, eco-friendly products.
- Compassion Company: Animal rights activist owned and operated clothing company.
- Fresh Press Juice Co: Fresh, raw organic juice bar.
- Mo’Pweeze Bakery: Dairy, egg, nut, gluten/wheat, soy free vegan gourmet cupcakes.
- Rockin’ Raw: A mix of Peruvian and New Orleans-Creole style vegan cuisine.
- Chia Star: Organic, Vegan, Gluten Free, Nutrient Dense Beverage.
- Fogwood & Fig: Unique plant based comfort food.
- Chocolate Calling: Handmade, organic, vegan, fair-trade chocolates.
The Laundromat Bar is located at 4 DeHart Street, Morristown. Attendees are encouraged to dress warmly in the event of a line outside and will be provided with suggestions of local businesses to visit while they are waiting.
More information, a full list of vendors, and a link for the “Cut The Line” tickets is at: http://www.njvegfest.com/vegan-pop-up-shop.