'National Egg Month' may have just concluded, but that does not mean you have to wait until next May to enjoy these protein packed orbs of energy.
“Mix your favorite vegetables into an omelette for breakfast, use them to top your favorite salad at lunch or scramble them into cauliflower rice or whole grains at dinner.” says Kings Registered Dietitian Shari Bilt Boockvar, MS, RDN. “Eggs are a great ‘go-to’ protein source any time of day. In addition to protein, they provide a wonderful source of vitamins that are beneficial for eye and brain health.”
Bilt Boockvar shares this recipe for a summer classic with a flavorful twist: Chipotle Deviled Eggs.
12 Kings Large Eggs
1⁄3 cup plus 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
2 Chipotle chilies in adobo sauce, drained and finely chopped
1 bunch Kings Organic Fresh Dill
1 teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Zest of 1 lime
1. First, hard boil the eggs by placing eggs in a large sauce pot of cold water. Bring to a slow boil then cover and reduce heat to low. Cook for an additional 10 minutes or until desired doneness (Entire cooking process should be no longer than 15-18 minutes).
2. Immediately place cooked eggs under running cold water to cool; this will also allow for them to be more easily peeled. Cut peeled eggs in half lengthwise, and carefully spoon out yolks into a separate bowl. Arrange egg whites on a platter.
3. In the bowl, combine yolks, chopped chipotle peppers, salt and pepper (This can also be done in a food processor).
4. Use two forks or a potato masher to combine all ingredients. Add in mayonnaise and mix to combine.
5. Place filling in a piping bag, or in a zip top bag with one bottom edge cut on a small diagonal. Carefully pipe the yolk mixture into the egg whites, and cover and chill eggs for at least 2 hours, up to overnight.
6. Before serving, zest lime over top and place one dill frond atop each egg half and serve.
Kings is proud to offer Free Range eggs at all of locations. The Kings Free Range Eggs come in Large, Extra-Large and Jumbo versions, ensuring the utmost quality for your family. Along with their existing Organic and Omega-3 Cage-Free Eggs, all eggs at Kings come from family-owned farms from birds that are fed a 100 percent vegetarian diet, without the use of hormones or antibiotics.