In a continuing effort to better inform the residents of Morris Township about your Government, please read the recap of Wednesday night’s Township Committee meeting. Kindly forward to your friends and neighbors and encourage them to sign up for the Municipal Messenger. Sign up by providing your email address firstname.lastname@example.org. The messenger is an invaluable tool to receive updates and information.
Bruce D. Sisler
Mayor, Morris Township
THE SEPTEMBER 17, 2014 MORRIS TOWNSHIP MEETING WRAP-UP
The Morris Township Committee convened for their ninth business meeting of 2014 at 5:00 PM for closed session and reconvened for public session at 7:00 PM.
ORDINANCES – INTRODUCTION
The following ordinances were introduced and will be heard for final passage on October 22 , 2014
at 7:00 PM.
RE: ACCEPTING DEED OF DEDICATION; LANDS AND PREMISES KNOWN AS BLOCK 10304 LOT 25
(A PORTION OF)
- Determines the property referenced above is now owned by the Morris County Affordable Housing Corporation and they are deeding a portion of the property for a cul-de-sac on Carlton Street.
AN ORDINANCE OF THE TOWNSHIP OF MORRIS, COUNTY OF MORRIS AND STATE OF NEW JERSEY TO ADD A NEW CHAPTER TO THE CODE OF THE TOWNSHIP OF MORRIS PERTAINING TO FEES FOR COPIES OF PUBLIC RECORDS
- The ordinance establishes a new chapter in the Township Code pertaining to public records and the fees for copies.
AN ORDINANCE AMENDING AND REPLACING CHAPTER 4 OF THE CODE OF THE TOWNSHIP OF MORRIS- RE: (CURRENTLY) ENTITLED CIVIL DEFENSE AND DISASTER CONTROL TRAINING PROGRAM TO BE NOW KNOWN AS OFFICE OF EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT
- The ordinance changes Chapter 4 in the Township Code “Civil Defense and Disaster Control Training to “Office of Emergency Management”.
ORDINANCES - PUBLIC HEARING AND FINAL CONSIDERATION
The following ordinance was vacated:
AN ORDINANCE AMENDING CHAPTER 71 “SEWER AND SEWAGE” ARTICLE II “CONNECTION FEES AND SERVICE CHARGES” SECTION 14 “SEWER SERVICE CHARGES” SUBSECTION A
· The ordinance establishes a sewer fee for non-Township users connected without a formal agreement
The following ordiances were adopted:
ORDINANCE OF THE TOWNSHIP OF MORRIS, IN THE COUNTY OF MORRIS, NEW JERSEY AUTHORIZING A SPECIAL EMERGENCY APPROPRIATION IN THE AMOUNT OF $800,000 FOR A PROGRAM OF REVALUATION OF REAL PROPERTY IN, BY AND FOR THE TOWNSHIP
· $800,000 will be deemed for the revaluation of real property in Morris Township as mandated by the Morris County Tax board for 2016.
ORDINANCE AMENDING CERTAIN BOND ORDINANCES AND REAPPROPRIATING PROCEEDS OF OBLIGATIONS NOT NEEDED FOR THEIR ORIGINAL PURPOSES IN ORDER TO PROVIDE FOR VARIOUS OTHER PURPOSES REFERRED TO HEREIN IN AND BY THE TOWNSHIP OF MORRIS (GENERAL)
· Determined which general capital improvements have been completed and to cancel or re-appropriate unspent appropriated funds.
ORDINANCE AMENDING CERTAIN BOND ORDINANCES AND REAPPROPRIATING PROCEEDS OF OBLIGATIONS NOT NEEDED FOR THEIR ORIGINAL PURPOSES IN ORDER TO PROVIDE FOR VARIOUS OTHER PURPOSES REFERRED TO HEREIN IN AND BY THE TOWNSHIP OF MORRIS (SEWER)
· Determined which sewer utility capital improvements have been completed and to cancel unspent appropriated funds.
Click the links provided to view the full list or visit the Agenda Center on our website.
The Morris Township Committee took action on 18 Resolutions which can be found in our Agenda Center; be sure to click September 17, 2014. These types of resolutions are formal approval by Township Committee for the appointment of professional services, awarding of contracts to minor personnel matters.
Resolutions of note:
- Requesting approval for the insertion of $2,835.85 in the 2014 budget for the Municipal Court Alcohol Education, Rehabiltation, and Enforcement Fund
- Requesting approval for the insertion of $2,200 in the 2014 budget for the Municpal Alliance Supplemental Grant program.
- Requesting approval for the insertion of $44,803 in the 2014 budget for the Clean Communties Grant Program.
- Greg Simms was appointed Deputy Coordinator- OEM Support
- The Revaluation of all real property located in the Township of Morris bid was awarded to Appraisal Systems, Inc.
- Hatch Mott Macdonald engineering services will consult on the Woodland STP upgrades project construction phase.
- Hatch Mott Macdonald engineering services will consult on the Butterworth STP sand filters upgrade project.
- Storm Water Management Consulting, LLC professional services will conduct an engineering study of the Upper Loantaka Brook.
On the Consent Calendar, the Township committee took several actions which can be found in ourAgenda Center. These include:
- Approval for Morristown-Beard to use temporary lighting for soccer/football games in the evening from 6-10 or until the crowd disperses.
- Authorization for Literacy Volunteers of Morris County to hang a banner across Sussex Avenue to advertise their annual 5k run and 1 mile walk for their fundraiser known as the Turkey Trot on November 27, 2014.
- Approval for Morris Crossings to hold a Halloween Parade for children and dogs on Saturday, October 25, 2014.
- Granted consent to Symor Drive residents to hold a block party on Saturday, October 11, 2014.
- Granted consent to residents of Gilbert Estates to hold a block party on Stratford Court, Saturday, September 27, 2014.
- Authorization for Morris Minute Men Emergency Medical Services to hang a banner across Sussex Avenue to advertise for recruitment of volunteers.
CLAIMS FOR PAYMENT
The Committee also voted to pay $12,215,182.15 for the bills for the month of September. This includes a $5,551,795 transfer to the Morris School District, approximately $1,328,073 in salaries and the remaining $5,335,314 in operating and capital project expenses for the Township
The opinions expressed herein are the writer's alone, and do not reflect the opinions of TAPinto.net or anyone who works for TAPinto.net. TAPinto.net is not responsible for the accuracy of any of the information supplied by the writer. Click here to submit a Letter to the Editor.