MORRISTOWN, NJ - As 2018 gets underway it is a great opportunity to look back. The past year saw a Morristown native win the World Series of Poker Title, dogs flown in to Morristown airport as part of Hurricane Harvey Relief and 33 MHS athletes sign National Letters of Intent to play in college. This past year, Morristown also saw fatalities, fires, and vandalism. Take a look at the top ten stories for Morristown of 2017.
1. Dead Body Found at Fort Nonsense
2. 100 Dogs to Arrive at Morristown Municipal Airport as Part of the Hurricane Harvey Relief Effort
3.Fire in Morristown Restaurant Shuts Down Morris Street Thursday Afternoon
4.Morristown loves their Athletes..... over course of the year, 33 athletes sign letters of intent to play in college
5. Victims Identified in Morris Plains and Morris Township Murder Suicide
6. Fatality at the Convent Station Train Station; Train Service Suspended in Both Directions
7. Morristown Native Wins World Series of Poker Title and $8.1M Grand Prize
8. Arrest Made in Vandalism of Morristown Churches
9. Morristown Children’s Hospital First Hospital in New Jersey to Administer Newly Approved Treatment for Rare Genetic Disease
10. 1.7 Magnitude Earthquake Shakes Our Area
This just cracks the surface of the news reported in 2017 and TAPinto looks forward to 2018 as your online news source for coverage of news, local government and politics, education, events, schools, sports, police and fire, organizations, as well as the marketing platform for local businesses that advertise with TAPinto. Sign up for our FREE daily newsletter to get the most important stories and local events sent to your inbox.