NEW JERSEY - High school students in the NJ-11 Congressional District are invited to enter the 2020 NJ-11 Virtual Congressional Art Competition. The winner's artwork will be displayed for one year in the U.S. Capitol.
Deadline for online submissions is May 22, 2020.
According to Mikie Sherrill's Office, the rules to submit artwork for the 2020 Congressional Art Competition is as follows:
- Create or select an original art piece. The art piece must be 2-dimensional and no larger than 26 x 26 x 4 when framed (artwork does not need to be framed for submission - if selected it must be framed before being sent to Washington).
- There is a limit of ONE submission per student. There is NO limit on the number of submissions from each school. Students must be high school students who reside in the 11th Congressional District.
- Complete the 2020 Student Information Release Form
- Request an email from the student’s art teacher certifying the originality of the artwork
- Scan and send completed Student Information/Release Form and attach the teacher certification email to: ArtCompetitionCD11@gmail.com.
- Email a high-resolution JPEG attachment that clearly shows the artwork to ArtCompetitionCD11@gmail.com. Please provide:
- Student’s full name, phone number, and email
- School Name
- Title of the artwork
- JPEG picture of artwork (if selected, art piece once framed must follow the guidelines attached)
The judging will begin the week of May 25. Winner will be announced the week of June 1.
Read more about the Congressional Art Competition here: 2020 Rules for Students and Teachers
The New Jersey 11th Congressional District includes portions of Essex, Morris, Passaic and Sussex Counties. Towns include Boomfield, Caldwell, Cedar Grove, Essex Fells, Fairfield, Livingston, Montclair, North Caldwell, Nutley, Roseland, Verona, West Caldwell, West Orange, Boonton, Butler, Chatham Township, Chatham Borough, Denville, East Hanover, Florham Park, Hanover, Harding, Jefferson Township, Kinnelon, Lincoln Park, Madison, Mendham Borough, Mendham Township, Montville, Morris Plains, Morris Township, Morristown, Mountain Lakes, Parsippany-Troy Hills, Pequnnock, Randolph, Riverdale, Rockaway Township, Rockaway Borough, Victory Gardens, Bloomingdale, Little Falls, North Haledon, Pompton Lakes, Totowa, Wanaque, Wayne, Woodland Park, Byram, Hopatcong, Ogendsburg, Sparta and Standhope.
Sign up to get all the news as it happens at www.TAPinto.net/enews and follow us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/MorristownTAP/ and on Twitter at @MorristownTAP and on Instagram at @tapintomorristown