MORRISTOWN, NJ - In a pre-recorded ceremony available remotely on Tuesday night, the production of The Miracle Worker at Morristown High School was awarded a "Foxy" Theatre Night Award by the Department of Theatre and Dance at Montclair State University.
Katie Adams and Emily Hyman won a Foxy for Outstanding Achievement in Education and Outreach for their work in The Miracle Worker, presented by the Morristown High School Theatre Group.
"Under student Emily Hyman and advisor Katie Adams, this is the second year in a row MHS Theatre has received this award", said George Lavigne, MHS Theatre teacher. "Among other efforts, they organized ASL interpreters for the hearing impaired and conducted talks and workshops with the Seeing Eye. This speaks to the dedication of the cast, crew, parents and directors to bringing important ideas and themes to the community.
The Award for Educational Impact and Community Outreach is for a production that goes beyond the work on the stage in a significant way", said Montclair State Faculty member Susan Kerner.
The MHS production of The Miracle Worker had received seven Fox award nominations for acting, design, and production. The awards recognize excellence in acting, direction, design, and production of plays in middle and high schools throughout New Jersey. The nominations include:
- Overall Outstanding Achievement in Stage Direction - George Lavigne and Maddy Sebiri
- Outstanding Achievement in Student Stage Management - Grace Keane and Kiley Mihalik
- Outstanding Achievement in Student Makeup Design - Valentina Brito
- Outstanding Achievement in Education and Outreach - Emily Hyman
- Outstanding Performance by a Supporting Actress - Lena Schmitt
- Outstanding Performance by a Lead Actress - Brenna Thornton
- Outstanding Production of a Drama - Entire Cast and Crew
Congratulations to the entire cast and crew of MHS Theatre!
Get your local news delivered to your inbox for FREE each day.Sign up to get all the news as it happens at www.TAPinto.net/enews and follow us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/MorristownTAP/ and on Twitter at @MorristownTAP and on Instagram at @tapintomorristown