MORRISTOWN, NJ - The Morristown Educational Foundation has released the names of the judges for the 2020 Morristown Onstage. Morristown Onstage showcased the best amateur talent from Morristown, Morris Plains and Morris Township. The event will take place Wednesday February 26 at the Mayo Performing Arts Center.
Judging this year's talent show will be Terrie Carr, Josh Gannet, John Ginty, Lori Brown Mirabal and Bill Stephney.
- TERRIE CARR – Terrie Carr is the Program Director and Midday Personality at WDHA/The Rock of New Jersey where she rocks the Garden State every weekday between 10 and 3pm.
- JOSH GANNET – A member of Morristown High School (MHS) class of '99, Josh Gannet is a professional recording/mixing engineer, producer, artist manager, tour manager, and artist relations representative.
- JOHN GINTY – Morristown, New Jersey native and MHS class of ’90, John Ginty is an organist, keyboard player, and session musician who subbed for Gregg Allman, has played with Ryan Adams’ Whiskeytown, was a touring member with Jewel, a keyboardist on the 2016-2017 Dixie Chicks world tour and was a founding member of Robert Randolph's "Family Band."
- LORI BROWN MIRABAL – Lori Brown Mirabal is an award-winning Opera singer who has utilized her experience performing and working with legendary opera and Broadway luminaries to found an opera production company, Opera Soup Productions, LLC, produce her first children’s book, “From Soul Singing to Opera Soup,” and release her first children’s recording “Musetta’s Musical Story Time.”
- BILL STEPHNEY – The principal executive for Broad Market Media, a production and strategic consulting firm, Bill Stephney previously served as the chief executive for Def Jam Recordings, SOUL Records and Stepsun Music, has produced music artists ranging from Rock-And-Roll Hall of Fame inductees Public Enemy to singer-actress Vanessa Williams, has supervised music production for films such as “Boomerang,” “Be Be’s Kids,” and “Shaft,” and has worked as a media consultant and advisor for National Public Radio, MTV Networks and Miramax Pictures among others.
“We are thrilled to have this distinguished and diverse panel of judges join the Morristown ONSTAGE talent show,” said Melanie Smith, Morristown ONSTAGE event chair and member of the Morris Educational Foundation Board of Trustees. “With 14 acts consisting of singers, pianists, dancers and musical performers, the judges will definitely have their work cut out for them to select our winners. It will be an exciting night at Mayo Performing Arts Center and we can’t wait to see the finalists give it their all.”
The theme for this year’s event is 20/20 Seeing Is Believing, which celebrates vision, hope and achievement. The finalists will compete for one of two 1st place $1,000 cash prizes (one for contestants ages 19 and over and one for contestants ages 18 and under), a $500 award for the “Audience Choice” text-to-vote winner, and the $250 Rossoff Rising Star Award for talent training chosen by the Morristown ONSTAGE Steering Committee.
Atlantic Health System’s Morristown Medical Center is the event’s Headline Sponsor and the Master of Ceremonies and host of the show is Morristown resident, Tara Bernie, who was awarded an Emmy for her work as the Senior Correspondent on DailyMailTV.
Morristown ONSTAGE was created to further the Morris Educational Foundation’s ability to distribute financial and other resources to and for the Morris School District for enrichment programs and other projects.
Tickets for Morristown ONSTAGE are available for purchase at the Mayo Performing Arts Center, 100 South Street, Morristown, NJ; by calling (973) 539-8008 or online at www.mayoarts.org.
Sign up for our FREE daily eNews.
Celebrating Something Special? Showcase Your Wedding, Christening, Bar/Bat Mitzvah, Graduation, Reunion and MORE on TAPinto Milestones!