HANOVER, NJ - The ramp from Route 10 westbound to I-287 northbound and one lane in each direction on Route 10, will be closed this weekend, announced the New Jersey Department of Transportation.
The project began Friday evening and will continue until 7am on Monday, May 11, said the NJDOT.
One lane of traffic will be maintained at all times during the weekend closures. Additional lane closures on Route 10 westbound are scheduled for next weekend as the roadway reconstruction continues. The following signed detour will be in place this weekend:
Route 10 westbound to I-287 northbound detour:
- Motorists traveling on Route 10 westbound wishing to take the ramp to I-287 northbound will be directed to continue on Route 10 westbound
- Take Ridgedale Avenue South U-turn (Dryden Way/Ridgedale Ave./Cedar Knolls exit)
- Stay left for Ridgedale Ave./Cedar Knolls
- Keep right and take the ramp to Route 10 eastbound
- Take the ramp to I-287 northbound
The $4.5 million state-funded project will reconstruct a half-mile portion of Route 10 westbound, which is in poor condition, stated the NJDOT. The project also includes the installation of improved overhead signage and guiderail replacement, which will be completed during the week following the completion of weekend closures.