Friends Book Sales Saturday Book Sale
- Tuesdays: January 7th, 14th, 21st, 28th, 10:00AM-2:00PM
- Saturdays: January 4th, 18th, 10:00AM-2:00PM
Library Stamp Club
- Thursday, January 2nd, 10:00AM - Do you enjoy philately? Join like-minded folks on the first Thursday of each month for stamp collecting fun and information. Starting at 10:00 AM in the downstairs Meeting Room. Looking forward to seeing you there!
Guide to Eating an Anti-Inflammatory Diet
- Tuesday, January 14th, 7:00PM - An anti-inflammatory diet (sometimes known as a Mediterranean diet) along with exercise, can yield many health benefits such as improved symptoms of many chronic conditions, reduced cancer risk, and lowering risks of obesity, heart disease and diabetes.
North Jersey Sewing Circle: Lace Insets, Hems, and Appliqué
- Saturday, January 25th, 10:00AM - Adding lace is a lovely way to add detail to just about any sewing project you can imagine. Attaching lace can add length to clothes, make a sleeve hem look special, add interest to the yoke of a top or the body of a dress or skirt–there are many possibilities. Lace insertion is a great stitching technique to learn!
- Thursday, January 16th, 7:00PM - Join us for chess on the third Thursday of every month. The group will meet from 7:00 to 8:30 p.m. upstairs in the F.M. Kirby Gallery. We will enjoy friendly, non-competitive, short games of chess between players of all skill levels. Improve your game, make new friends and enjoy playing chess! Players of all ages are welcome to play as long as they know the rules. Please bring your own chess board, pieces, and time clock. Games will be between 20-30 minutes as agreed upon between players.
Book Clubs & Author Talks
Book Lovers' Circle
- Thursday, January 2nd, 7:00PM - Do you have a passion for reading and for books? Then come to our Book Lovers' Circle on the first Thursday of every month. You will hear about the newest books available at the library, receive a reading list and have a chance to share your own favorites, both old and new. A great way to expand your reading horizons, meet other readers and have fun! Refreshments will be served.
Cover of The Peacock Emporium by Jojo Moyes, a woman in a brown dress with silver bow leaning on her elbowBy The Book: A Morning Book Club
- Thursday, January 9th, 10:00AM - Susanna Peacock has to face her inner turmoil regarding her relationship with her missing birth mother and with the woman who raised her. Emotions of grief, sympathy and optimism enhance the reader’s connection to the characters.
Book cover of Let's Spend the Night Together: An Evening Book Club
- Tuesday, January 21st, 7:00PM - We will be discussing the novel The Island of Sea Women by Lisa See.
Morning Yoga with Munah HayesMorning Yoga with Munah Hayes
- Fridays, January 3rd, 10th, 17th, 24th, 31st, 9:30AM - Yoga in the morning at the library! Patrons will have the chance to experience the Krishnamacharya tradition of Hatha Yoga. Program held in the second floor Gallery.
Evening Yoga with Munah Hayes
- Mondays, January 6th, 13th, 20th, 27th, 6:00PM -Evening yoga at the library! Patrons will have the chance to experience the Krishnamacharya tradition of Hatha Yoga. Program held in the second floor Gallery.
Mindful MeditationMindful Meditation
- Wednesdays, January 8th, 15th, 22nd, 29th, 7:00PM - Want to reduce stress & anxiety? Improve your mental clarity? Join us for weekly mindful meditation. All are welcome, no previous meditation practice is required. Meetings are led by a Morristown High School meditation instructor.
Just Out Of The Box... Office: Judy
- Wednesday, January 22nd, 2:00 & 7:00PM -Renée Zellweger, Rufus Sewell, Jessie Buckley Rated PG-13, 118 min., 2019 "Renée Zellweger stars as Judy Garland in "Judy," the iconic star's newest biopic. The film, set in late 1968 and early 1969, shows Garland hustling in Swinging London after she successfully secured a five-week engagement in "Talk of the Town." Behind the scenes, she battles her own management and prepares to fight her ex-husband and ex-manager, Sidney Luft (Rufus Sewell), in court for custody of their children. Despite this period of her life being tumultuous, Garland is able to find love once again -- this time in the arms of Mickey Deans (Finn Wittrock). Directed by Rupert Goold."