MORRISTOWN, NJ - The Morris County Prosecutor's Office and the New Jersey Attorney General's Office invites the community to participate in a virtual community forum on the Use of Force by Police Officers. The forum will take place on Friday, July 24 from 3pm - 5pm
According to officials, the goal of this program is to:
- Strengthen relationships between law enforcement officers and the communities they serve and to address areas of concern before conflicts arise.
- Obtain your view on police use of force.
- Host: Morris County Prosecutor Fredric M. Knapp
- Morris County Supervising Assistant Prosecutor Christopher Schellhorn
- Morris County Detective/Supervisor Patrick LaGuerre
- Chester Police Chief Thomas Williver
- Long Hill Township Police Chief Ahmed Naga
- Calvary Baptist Church Pastor Jerry Carter, Morristown
- Rev. Herman Scott, Morris County Correctional Facility Chaplain and Morris County NAACP Executive Board Member
- Rev. Dr. David A. Hollowell, Morris Area Interfaith Clergy Council President and Morris County NAACP Executive Board Member
To read New Jersey Attorney General Gurbir Grewal’s plans and the updated New Jersey Use of Force Policy, visit www.nj.gov/oag/excellence
Submit comments directly to the Attorney General’s Office: nj.gov/oag/force