MORRIS TOWNSHIP, NJ - Have a desire to protect the lives and property of the residents of Morris Township? Then becoming a volunteer firefighter may be for you.
Find out if volunteering is right for you during the Morris Township Firefighters Membership Drive which begins Monday February 19 through Saturday March 3. The membership drive will conclude with an Open House on Saturday March 3 from 10am - 2pm at the Woodland Fire House.
- be a citizen of the United States
- be 18 years or older (of 14 years old to qualify for the Junior Firefighters Program)
- be in good health
- be able to read, write and speak English
- be of good moral character and not have been convicted of a criminal offense
- be willing to respond to 50% of all calls, drills, meeting and special activities
The Morris Township Fire Department provides free training, turn-out gear, a pager, drills and mentoring. As an incentive, volunteers receive life insurance, family memberships to the township pools, fa membership at the Morris County YMCA, use of two tennis courts at the Fire Headquarters, ability to join softball leagues, picnics and participation in a volunteer incentive program. Volunteers must complete the Firefighter 1 course within one year (tuition is paid for by the department)
For more information or for additional questions, contact Chief Kaar at 973-326-7435.