MORRISTOWN, NJ - Grow it Green has announced the first farm stand of the 2020 season will open on Saturday June 20 from 10am - 3pm.
Over 670 pounds of fresh radishes, garlic scapes, salad turnips, beets, carrots, spinach, arugula, kale, chard, collards, bok choy, lettuce and scallions have been harvested and available to purchase at this weeks stand. Fresh eggs and dried oregano will also be available.
"Fresh, local food is all about health and wellness, and our new procedures detailed below are for the safety of our staff and our customers", said the organization.
SNAP payments are welcome.
The following safety measures will be in place at the farm:
- Shoppers and staff to maintain 6 ft. physical distancing. Farm stand will be set up with physical barriers and markings to facilitate 6 ft. separations.
- Hand sanitizer located near the front of the market. Customers are encouraged to use them upon entry.
- Only staff will handle products prior to purchase.
- Staff will wear face masks and single-use, food-safe gloves in addition to washing/sanitizing hands and surfaces every hour during restocking.
- Separate entrance and exit to the farm stand with one-way traffic flow.
- Terminals and other frequent touchpoints will be sanitized.
The following market policies must be observed by all shoppers:
- If you are sick, please do not come to the farm.
- Recommend only one shopper from your household.
- Maintain 6 ft. physical distancing.
- Wear a face covering unless medically unable or under the age of 2. Please return to shop at the market if you don't have one.
- Be efficient as possible with your shopping.
- Please bring your reusable bags to load your own purchases. Staff will not handle customer bags in order to minimize contact points.
- Please consider rounding up cash purchases to avoid handling of change.
Get your local news delivered to your inbox for FREE each day.Sign up to get all the news as it happens at www.TAPinto.net/enews and follow us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/MorristownTAP/ and on Twitter at @MorristownTAP and on Instagram at @tapintomorristown
Celebrating Something Special? Showcase Your Wedding, Christening, Bar/Bat Mitzvah, Graduation, Reunion and MORE on TAPinto Milestones!