MORRIS, NJ - With the upcoming general election in November, Governor Murphy’s recent executive order will send vote-by-mail ballots to all active voters. Executive order 177 states, “each county shall have at least a total of ten secure ballot drop boxes in locations that are readily accessible to the registered voters within the county.”
The county has listed some important dates for the election:
- Monday, October 5 – Ballots for active voters will be mailed out by this date. Ballots can be submitted as soon as they are received, which may happen before this date.
- Tuesday, October 13 – This is the last day to register to vote and be able to cast a ballot in the 2020 General Election.
- Friday, October 23 – This is the last day to request a replacement ballot through the mail. Ballots can still be requested in person at the Clerk’s office (location TBD due to COVID restrictions) through 8 p.m. on November 3, 2020.
- Wednesday, October 28 – This is the last day Qualified Overseas and Military Voters can request electronic balloting.
- Tuesday, November 3, 2020 - Election Day.
All ballots should be sent to the address on the pre-printed envelope on the received ballot, before 8 p.m. on Tuesday, November 3, 2002. Ballots may also be dropped off at local Ballot Drop-Off Boxes allocated in multiple different locations. The county has planned to put at least 13 Drop-Off Boxes in the county.
Here are the drop box locations in Morris County:
- Morris County Administration & Records Building 10 Court Street, Morristown NJ 07960 (Outside front entrance)
- Mount Olive Municipal Building 204 Flanders/Drakestown Road, Budd Lake NJ 07828 (Parking Lot entrance to Municipal Offices)
- Rockaway Twp. Municipal Building 65 Mount Hope Road, Rockaway, NJ 07866 (Outside Police Department)
- Montville Municipal Building 195 Changebridge Road, Montville, NJ 07045 (In front of Municipal Building)
- Madison Public Safety Complex 62 Kings Road, Madison, NJ 07940 (Commuter Parking Lot 3)
- Chester Township Municipal Building 1 Parker Road. Chester, NJ 07930 Parking Lot by Clothing Drop Box
- Denville Municipal Building 1 St. Mary’s Place, Denville, NJ 07834 Outside Main Entrance
- Jefferson Municipal Building 1033 Weldon Road, Oak Ridge, NJ 07438 Outside Main Entrance
- Kinnelon Borough Town Hall 130 Kinnelon Road, Kinnelon, NJ 07405 Parking Lot – Back Entrance
- Long Hill Town Hall 915 Valley Road, Gillette, NJ 07933 Side Entrance
- Mendham Boro Police Department 3 Cold Hill Rd, South, Mendham, NJ 07945 Outside Front Entrance
- Parsippany Municipal Building 1001 Parsippany Blvd, Parsippany, NJ 07054 Outside Main Entrance – Facing Route 287
- Randolph Municipal Building 502 Millbrook Avenue, Randolph 07869 Outside Main Entrance
- Roxbury Township Town Hall 1715 Route 46, Ledgewood, NJ 07852 Outside Main Entrance
- Wharton Municipal Building 10 Robert Street, Wharton 07885 Outside Main Entrance
The ballots are also equipped with a prepaid stamp, eliminating the need for paying postage. All mailed ballots will be considered as first-class mail to help increase the speed of the mailing process to make it utmost priority.
On November 3rd, all schools conducting in person teaching shall be closed with some open for in-person polling. Each county will open up a minimum of one polling place in each municipality.
“Voters can go to a polling location from 6 a.m. to 8 p.m. on Tuesday, November 3, 2020. Voters can bring their paper ballot to a polling place, or if they do not have their paper ballot they can cast a provisional ballot. Voters who are disabled and require an accommodation can vote on a special device to assist them,” says Murphy’s executive order.
With the Covid-19 pandemic, Polling stations have taken extra precautions to ensure the community’s safety. The township requires poll workers and encourages voters to adhere to CDC Guidelines to limit the pathogen’s spread. Regular infection control practices as well as 6 feet distance between voters will be implemented.
Ballots may not be completely counted on Election day and might take a few days to a week to determine clear results, said officials,
Sign up to get all the news as it happens at www.TAPinto.net/enews and follow us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/MorristownTAP/ and on Twitter at @MorristownTAP and on Instagram at @tapintomorristow