MORRISTOWN, NJ - Governor Murphy has announced the reopening of county and state parks as well as golf courses on Saturday May 2.
"This upcoming weekend will be a crucial test", Murphy said on Twitter. "This is a test we must pass".
"We are placing tremendous trust in you to keep up with your social distancing", he continued. "But, if we see this weekend what we saw that first weekend in April, I will not hesitate to reverse course and close our parks again. Do not let a minority of knuckleheads ruin this".
Residents must adhere to the following:
- Adhere to Governor Murphy’s April 29, 2020 Executive Order;
- Including the recommendation to wear a face covering;
- Parking to be limited to 50% capacity;
- Only park in designated areas;
- Refrain from using parks or trails if you are exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19;
- Bring personal sanitary supplies, all restrooms are closed and portable restroom facilities are cleaned per contract with United Site Services;
- Follow CDC’s guidance on personal hygiene prior to and during use of parks or trails;
- While on trails, warn other users of your presence and as you pass, and step aside to let others pass;
- Observe CDC’s minimum recommended social distancing of 6 feet from other individuals at all times. If this is not possible, users should find an alternate location or depart that space.
Sign up to get all the news as it happens at www.TAPinto.net/enews and follow us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/MorristownTAP/ and on Twitter at @MorristownTAP and on Instagram at @tapintomorristown
Celebrating Something Special? Showcase Your Wedding, Christening, Bar/Bat Mitzvah, Graduation, Reunion and MORE on TAPinto Milestones!