MORRISTOWN, NJ- Morris Township and Morristown will begin yard waste collection during the month of April.
In Morris Township, collections begin Saturday April 11 for residents in Zone 1 and on April 18 for residents in Zone 2. Residents are reminded to palce the pickup is containerized yard waste collection and the following rules apply
- Curbside pickup of grass clippings, leaves, plant waste, and light brush takes place on the scheduled Saturday dates listed below beginning in April and ending in September. Please review the street listing to find out your zone and scheduled collection dates.
- Place in 32 gallon standard garbage cans with lid and handles
- Grass clippings, leaves, plant waste, and light brush can be mixed together during this period. Light brush should be tied with string in bundles no longer than 4 ft., or placed in 32 gallon standard garbage cans cut to the height of the garbage can.
- NO PLASTIC BAGS
- Fifty(50) pound limit per can or bundle
- NO DIRT, LOGS, ROOTS, OR STUMPS
- RESIDENTS ONLY (no contractors) may bring grass clipping and light brush to the Department of Public Works located on Jane Way off West Hanover Avenue during business hours, Monday thru Friday, 6 AM to 3 PM, and each Saturday from 6 AM to 1:45 PM.
In Morristown, brush and branches are collected every other month. There will be no collection of tree or shubbery trimmings that were cut by landcapers or tree service contractors, said town officials.
Residents must follow the following rules:
- Brush is to be placed at the curb free of trash and other debris, tied in bundles no more than 4 foot length
- The collection should not exceed 50 pounds
- Branches exceeding four inches in diameter must be placed in a separate pile at the curb
- Branches exceeding six inches in diameter will not be accepted.
Sign up to get all the news as it happens at www.TAPinto.net/enews and follow us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/MorristownTAP/ and on Twitter at @MorristownTAP and on Instagram at @tapintomorristown