MORRISTOWN, NJ - In addition to asking the women in your life what's for dinner? Can you drop me at practice? Or how was your day? Ask her...... Have you scheduled your mammogram?
In 2019, 268,600 new cases of invasive breast cancer are expected to be diagnosed in women in the United States, according to BreastCancer.org. During Breast Cancer Awareness Month, Atlantic Health reminding women to get their annual mammogram through the hospital's #AskHer campaign.
Recognizing that so many women put the care of others before themselves, Atlantic Health System believes that it is up to each of us to remind the women in our lives to make their own health a priority. The campaign, originally created by a group of innovative employees, encourages breast cancer screening because early detection saves lives.
Atlantic Health System provides mammograms and other breast imaging procedures at a wide variety of locations to suit your needs. Services include:
- Digital mammography- produces an image of the inner breast tissue using electrical signals converted from low-dose X-rays
- Digital tomosynthesis mammography – creates three-dimensional (3D) pictures of the breast
- Breast magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) – generates detailed images of the breast with the aid of a large magnet, radio waves and a computer
- Breast ultrasound – uses sound waves to determine if a breast tissue is dense or if a lump is solid or filled with fluid; not intended as a replacement for a mammogram
- Interventional breast procedure – removes a sample of breast tissue for biopsy using minimally-invasive techniques guided by ultrasound, MRI or low-dose, X-ray stereotactic imaging
- Computer-aided detection (CAD) – highlights abnormal areas of density, mass, or calcification in breasts that may indicate the presence of cancer
So ask yourself or the women in your life to get a mammogram. For more information or to schedule a screening mammogram at the any Atlantic Health System breast screening sites, please visit www.atlantichealth.org/askher or call 1-844-343-3540.