MOUNTAINSIDE, NJ - Families and Community Together (FACT), the Union County Care Management Organization (CMO), understands that each child’s disability presents in their own unique way and determining the best treatment and family support options can be an involved and confusing process.
FACT strives to meet families where they are in terms of their own knowledge and understanding of their child’s disability and build upon that.
FACT’s goal is to create a cohesive Family Plan that supports what is provided by the parents, the school, and other service providers to assist families in successfully managing their youth’s needs within their home and community.
FACT supports families of children with a developmental disability in reaching a variety of goals including:
- Obtaining the appropriate evaluations to determine the nature of your child’s disability
- Determining the most appropriate therapeutic approach or approaches for your child’s level of functioning and behaviors of concern, such as ABA or CBT, and then making that referral.
- Assisting families in successfully navigating the DD eligibility application process.
- Advocating for Child Study Team assistive services
- Assist families in identifying their community-based programs for specialized treatment services and supports
- Assist families in connecting with and gaining knowledge of other state and community resources such as SPAN, Autism NJ, or your local Special Education Parent Advisory Council (SEPAC)
FACT providers services to Union County youth (up to age 21) and their families facing the challenges of mental health, substance abuse, and developmental disabilities free of charge without regard for income, language spoken, or citizenship status.
For more information about FACT and how we Support, Assist, and Empower families, please contact us at 908-789-8500. You can also visit our website at www.factnj.org for more information. If you are looking for supports and services in Union County visit our free online database of supports and services at www.unionresourcenet.org.