A key component of Westfield’s Master Plan Reexamination is hearing from the community. We are all a part of this community, and as we envision the future of Westfield for the next ten years, it’s necessary that we have conversation with each other. When we’re all involved in the planning, we are more likely to participate in all the things that make our community great, and all of us working and participating together is a demonstration of the love that binds us as neighbors.
2 Corinthians 9:6 says this,
“Remember this: Whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows generously will also reap generously”
As a neighbor in this community, First United Methodist Church Westfield believes our purpose is grounded in serving, being a place of openness and diversity and always ensuring everyone feels welcome. During the month of March, we are preparing our hearts to live into this purpose with the theme Preparing to SOW Miracles. Turning our hearts to God prepares us to plan better, live better and love better.
Whether you visit this congregation or another one, let the month of March be an opportunity where you are planning to spend time with God. God has a plan for us all, a plan that is rooted in love that is patient, kind, selfless, forgiving, and unfailing. Let us explore and live God’s plan of love.
Coming up at FUMC Westfield
- March 6th - We invite you to join us at one of our Ash Wednesday services:
- 8:30-9:30 a.m. Ash Wednesday Drop-In Service
- 6 p.m. Family Service
- 6:30 p.m Soup Supper for All
- 7:30 p.m Traditional Service
- March 24 – Family Promise of Union County will join us in worship. We are opening our doors to those who are without a place to sleep. A special blessing will occur.
- March 31 - Our children and youth will be leading us in worship with a chancel drama based on the book “The Three Questions” by Jon J. Muth.
About FUMC Westfield
FUMC Westfield holds worship every Sunday at 10 a.m., with Church School for all ages at 9 a.m. and Fellowship Time following worship at 11 a.m.. Our building is located at 1 E Broad St. in Westfield. For more information about FUMC, please visit us online at fumcwestfield.org, on Facebook (FUMC Westfield), or on Instagram (fumcwestfield).