MOUNTAINSIDE, NJ - A structure fire at a Hedge Row home was doused quickly around 7:30 p.m. Monday by members of the Mountainside Police Department.
The department received the call that indicated the laundry room of a home located on Hedge Row was engulfed in flames.
Mountainside police officers Sgt. Michael Jackson, Corporal Jeffrey Stinner and Patrolman Andrew Yasinski were dispatched and arrived on the scene and confirmed the initial report.
The police officers immediately extinguished the blaze using the fire extinguishers from their patrol vehicles and a garden hose from the home.
"There is no doubt that the quick response and efforts by these officers helped to slow the advance of the fire and nearly extinguish it prior to the arrival of the fire department units," authorities said.
"An investigation revealed that the likely origin of the fire was in the home's clothes dryer," reports said.
Thanks to the efforts of these three police officers and the response of the Mountainside Fire Department, damage was limited to the home's laundry room. Because of electrical wiring and smoke damage throughout the structure, the occupants were displaced and forced to shelter elsewhere.
There were no reported injuries to either the occupants or responding personnel.