NEW PROVIDENCE, NJ - Terrana Orthodontics, a boutique one doctor practice, recently opened in New Providence.
When it comes to wearing braces, these days you have many options. Dr. Anthony Terrana will help you find the type of braces to fit your needs. "We offer metal braces, clear braces, Invisalign, and phase 1 interceptive treatment and our practice is completely digital," said Terrana.
"We employ cutting edge self-ligating braces. These are newer to the market. Unlike conventional braces, these braces are friction free, which allow the wire to slide easier in the slot of the braces. They allow quicker treatment time, more accurate treatment results, and less pain throughout treatment. They are also smaller than traditional braces, leading to more comfort and more discreet," he said.
Terrana uses state-of-the-art equipment that includes the use of a digital Itero scanner that eliminates the discomfort of traditional impressions. "We do not use conventional gooey impressions. -- Our models are all 3-D printed. This leads to more accuracy and efficiency in treatment," said Terrana.
The American Association of Orthodontists recommends all children be seen for an orthodontic examination by age seven. "We are starting to treat airway obstruction with expanders at an earlier age," said Terrana. "Early intervention reduces the need for extractions later on."
His goal is to empower his patients to feel more confident through a beautiful smile. To Terrana, removing his patients' braces is the most rewarding aspect of being an orthodontist. "Just being there to witness someone's reaction after removing the braces and seeing their new smile for the first time brings tremendous joy and gratification to my life," he said. Orthodontic treatment is life changing for so many people. "I've seen the shyest of children walk through my door and leave after treatment with so much happiness and confidence. It's truly amazing to be able to go to work every day and change people's lives," he said.
Terrana's childhood experience is what drove his passion for orthodontics. "I was bullied as a child for having buck teeth with a huge gap," he said. He was self-conscious to smile and many times avoided social gatherings. "Compounded with this was the fact that I was also terrified of doctor offices," he told TAPinto. "In the fourth grade my parents took me to the orthodontist, and it completely changed my life. It was such a warm, friendly, non-intimidating environment. It was the first doctor office I was not 'afraid of.' Once we were done with treatment my gap was closed, my bite was perfect, and I was never afraid to smile again. It really changed my life and gave me a sense of confidence I never had."
From that point, it has always been a passion of his. "That passion resurfaced in Dental School when I attended a mission trip to an orphanage in Nicaragua. We volunteered free dental service to underprivileged children. The reaction of these children after fixing their teeth provided such tremendous gratification solidified my decision to become an orthodontist and make a life changing, powerful impact on people's lives," he said. Every day, he helps create beautiful smiles.
Terrana graduated in the top 10 of his class at Rutgers School of Dental Medicine and graduated Summa Cum Laude with a 4.0 GPA from Ramapo College. He completed his 2.5 years of Orthodontic residency from Seton Hill in Pennsylvania. He also conducted orthodontic research published in peer reviewed journals.
Terrana worked with multiple successful orthodontic practices throughout northern New Jersey and has treated thousands of cases before deciding to open his own practice. He treats children, adolescents and adults in a warm, friendly and fun environment.
The following features set Terrana Orthodontics apart from the competition:
- Board certified orthodontist. Only 1 in 3 orthodontists are Board Certified
- On the forefront of technology. Completely digital.
- Itero 3-D scanner. Eliminated the need for gaggy gooey traditional impressions. Children and adults love the ease. Appliances and Invisalign come back more accurate.
- We employ cutting edge self-ligating braces. These are newer to the market. Unlike conventional braces, these braces are friction free, which allow the wire to slide easier in the slot of the braces. They allow quicker treatment time, more accurate treatment results, and less pain throughout treatment. They are also smaller than traditional braces, leading to more comfort and more discreet.
- Evening and Saturday appointments
- Boutique, one doctor practice. Encourage parents to be present chair side at every visit. Like to keep parents up to date on what is going on and where we are going with treatment. Very thorough explanations each visit.
- No overbooking. Appointments run on time. Zero/little wait time
- Lifetime Terrana Smile Warranty. If you are a past patient of Terrana Orthodontics you have lifetime access to retreatment for minimal fee if teeth ever relapse
- Flexible payment options allowing for treatment to be more affordable. Offer monthly interest free in house financing. We accept most PPO insurances.
- Complimentary exam, consultations and x-rays
Terrana Orthodontics is located at 65 South Street in New Providence. For your complimentary consultation, visit www.terranaorthodontics.com or call 908.838-9220. Grand Opening Special offers $1,000 off treatment of Braces & Invisalign through September 1, 2021. (Some exclusions apply.)