NEW BRUNSWICK, NJ - Three suspects believed to be responsible for the fatal shooting of a New Brunswick man have been indicted by a grand jury.
The three suspects, Michael Martin, 26, and Rayshawn Riddick, 31, both of Newark, and Diana Williams, 26 of New Brunswick, each face a five-count indictment in connection with the shooting, according to a statement from Middlesex County Prosecutor Andrew C. Carey.
The victim, 31-year-old New Brunswick resident Hakeem Williams, was found shot to death inside his car on Fulton Street on August 18.
A neighbor called the police after hearing gunshots, authorities said. Shortly after they arrived at 11:03 p.m., Williams was pronounced dead at the scene.
Martin and Riddick have both been charged with one count of murder in the first degree and one count of conspiracy to commit murder in the first degree, Carey said.
Martin also faces charges for unlawful possession of a weapon in the first degree and possession of a weapon for unlawful purposes, authorities said.
A judge ordered Martin to remain behind bars since mid-November, according to authorities, out of concern that he might be a flight risk and a danger to the community.
Police caught Martin in Philadelphia on October 23. Authorities had been searching for him since the end of August. Riddick was nabbed by police on September 14, according to police, although the location of his arrest is not available.
Williams was also charged with hindering the apprehension of another in the third degree.