NEW BRUNSWICK, NJ — The person who was struck by an Amtrak train in New Brunswick on Wednesday is still alive, according to a spokesperson for the railroad company.

The spokesperson, Mike Tolbert, declined to release the person’s name. But he said she is a 48-year-old woman who “remains in the hospital.”

Amtrak didn’t provide an update on her condition.

Sign Up for E-News

Amtrak police continue to investigate the incident, Tolbert said. New Brunswick police aren’t involved, according to a department spokesperson.

The incident occurred at 12:18 a.m. June 21 when Keystone train 639 was traveling from New York to Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, Tolbert told TAPinto New Brunswick. Somewhere in New Brunswick, the train “made contact with a trespasser on the tracks,” he said at the time.

Emergency responders then brought the woman to a nearby hospital. The railroad hasn’t specified which hospital took her in, but an unverified alert claimed she was taken to Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital.

A hospital spokesperson couldn’t confirm the woman’s status earlier this week without a name.

The train was carrying 52 passengers at the time of the collision. No one on the train was hurt, Tolbert said.

The train continued on its way shortly after 2 a.m. that day, he said.