NEW BRUNSWICK, NJ – The officer who was the subject of an internal affairs investigation after he allegedly used a city-issued phone to repeatedly contact a woman and send her at least one photo of his penis is retiring at the end of the month, a spokesman in Mayor Jim Cahill’s office told TAPinto New Brunswick.

Lt. Raymond Trigg’s last day in the New Brunswick Police Department will be July 31, the mayor's spokesman, Bert Baron, said.

The New Brunswick police, in conjunction with the Middlesex County Prosecutor’s Office, began an investigation into the allegations in April.

Sign Up for New Brunswick Newsletter
Our newsletter delivers the local news that you can trust.

Although the review into allegations yielded a “not sustained” determination, it was revealed by Councilwoman Rebecca Escobar at the most recent City Council meeting that Trigg had been removed from his position as director of the police department’s domestic violence unit.

Escobar has been an outspoken critic of Trigg, stating at the July 1 council meeting that he displayed “the behavior of stalker” when he allegedly texted a woman more than 40 times in one day. The woman, a city employee, has not been identified.

At the July 15 council meeting, Escobar said she would like to see him removed from the police department.

A rally that was being organized by two city residents to demand Trigg’s removal from the NBPD has been canceled in light of Trigg’s pending retirement.

Sisters Jocelyn and Jalisa Watson were planning a rally on Aug. 5 that was to start at the Middlesex County Family Courthouse on New Street and end at City Hall on Bayard, with a stop along the way to rally outside police department headquarters. The rally was to culminate with several members calling into the council meeting that night to voice their concerns.

Trigg has served in the NBPD since 1994 and has run its D.A.R.E program in the city schools for many years.

Trigg has not responded to messages left by TAPinto New Brunswick seeking comment.