NEW BRUNSWICK, NJ - Two more New Brunswick residents have turned up on the attorney general's list of New Jerseyans who have violated Gov. Phil Murphy's executive orders.

Jose Gonzalez, 20, and Gildaro Flores-Mendez, 30, were charged on Sunday, April 12, by the Seaside Park Police with defiant trespass (petty disorderly persons offense) and violating the emergency orders for walking and taking pictures at the Brighton Avenue beach entrance, which they knew was closed.

Murphy's so-called "Stay At Home" Order sought to limit the movement of non-essential residents. He has repeatedly stated that social distancing is the only defense against the spread of COVID-19.

Sign Up for New Brunswick Newsletter
Our newsletter delivers the local news that you can trust.

Murphy started a few weeks ago to use his daily press conference to single out "knuckleheads," as he calls them, who refuse to obey the state's Stay At Home Order.

Soon after, New Jersey Attorney General Gurbir S. Grewal's office, in cooperation with State Police Director Col. Patrick Callahan, began releasing a list of people who have violated the executive orders.

Gonzalez and Flores-Menedez's arrest marks the third time New Brunswick residents have made the list.

Last week, Terrance Edwards told police responding to a call that he had coronavirus COVID-19.

Edwards was arrested after he allegedly broke into a residence while naked and armed with a knife. He left that residence and allegedly attempted unsuccessfully to break into a neighboring residence.

When officers arrived, Edwards yelled that he had the coronavirus, according to the press release.

Edwards has been charged with second-degree burglary, third-degree possession of a weapon for an unlawful purpose, fourth-degree unlawful possession of a weapon and "violation of the executive orders."

Last week, Nathaniel Brown, 44, was charged by the New Brunswick Police Department with fourth-degree misuse of the 911 system and violating the emergency orders.

According to the attorney general's office, Brown allegedly called 911 on Monday and falsely reported a shooting on Quentin Avenue. When officers arrived, they determined that there was no shooting. Brown, who was outside, was arrested.